French Chateau Getaway
6 Night Paris and French Chateau Getaway
Experience two diverse regions of France in six nights! Step into Paris and tour through the iconic city, taking in the splendor of the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre and more. Cruise along the Seine, seeing the sights, and take advantage of the city's famous shopping districts.
Then pick up your car and take a trip to Chantilly to experience the regal atmosphere of castles, royal gardens and stables, and restaurants that have been serving as long as the castle has been standing.
An elegant escape
Immerse yourself in France's royal past on this vacation to Paris and Chantilly. Spend a few nights in the City of Light before heading north to Chantilly, where you'll stay at a lovely chateau surrounded by the French countryside.
- Round-trip economy class airfare to Paris (CDG)
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- 3 nights in Paris at the Hotel Square Louvois Paris or similar
- Paris Pass (2-day)
- Manual car rental for 3 nights- upgrade to automatic available
- 3 nights in Chantilly at Chateau de Montvillargenne
- Breakfast daily
- Take advantage of the splendors of the 2-day pass - from entry to the Louvre to a cruise along the river Seine!
- Dig through Parisian culture as you walk through the best of the shopping districts that are sure to hold treasures for any traveler.
- Pick up your rental car and venture to Chantilly, a peaceful city surrounded by a lush forest.
- Embrace the noble feeling of Chantilly by touring through its stunning castles and exploring expansive royal gardens.
- Indulge in traditional, local cuisine in restaurants that have been serving since royalty lived in the castles gracing the city.
Day 1. Welcome to Paris!
Arrive in Paris and be transferred to your hotel. Your first night in the City of Light begins. Pick out a cafe to try local pastries in the nearby shopping district, pick up a bottle of French wine, or wander through the streets of Paris, window shopping and preparing for your first full day.
Day 2. Paris
Discover Paris with the 2-day Paris Pass. Including access to 60 attractions, it also includes entrance to world-famous museums and monuments such as The Louvre and Musee d’Orsay.
Indulge on a Seine River Cruise on the Paris Pass, a Tour Montparnasse, or a wine tasting experience. Enjoy a free 1-day unlimited use Hop-On/Hop-Off bus tour and make the most of exclusive offers at shops and restaurants in the city.
Paris Pass (2-Day Pass)
Discover and explore Paris the easy way with the 2-day Paris Pass. The ultimate sightseeing package, it saves time and money by offering great value and convenience, plus entry to over 60 top attractions!
The Paris Pass includes:
- Museum pass, with entrance to world-famous museums and monuments, including
- The Louvre
- Musee d’Orsay
- Attractions pass, with free entry to such popular attractions such as:
- Seine River Cruise
- Tour Montparnasse
- Wine tasting experience
- 1-day unlimited use hop-on/hop-off bus tour
- Paris Visite Travelcard, with free unlimited use of public transport within Paris Zones 1-3
- Fast-track entry (skip the line) privileges at some of the busiest museums and attractions
- Detailed guidebook with maps, directions and helpful tips
- Exclusive special offers at shops and restaurants in the city.
Day 3. Paris
Spend the day continuing to use your 2-day pass. Maybe you'll want to visit Notre Dame, or perhaps the gardens of Versailles call to you.
You can also wander through the Marais which is the best shopping neighborhood in Paris or visit Rue des Martyrs, which is the old market street lined with authentic cheese shops, bakeries and butcher shops. It maintains the balance with high-end chocolatiers, gourmet cafes and upscale boutiques.
Day 4. Paris - Chantilly
Pick up your car and drive to your chateau hotel in Chantilly. A commune in the valley of the Nonette in the northern region of France, it is surrounded by Chantilly Forest which has a very dense network of forest roads that are wonderful for walking.
You could also visit many of the beautiful historic and architectural sites around the city. With the Foret de Chantilly, a once-royal hunting estate with gorgeous walking and riding trails and the Chateau de Chantilly, a storybook castle open for all to explore, Chantilly projects an almost wistful atmosphere.
Day 5. Chantilly
With so many riding trails, you might want to take a look at the historic Grandes Ecurises, or the Grand Stables which was built between 1719 and 1740 to house 240 horses and over 400 hounds. These stables now house the Musee Viviant du Cheval and showcases riding equipment and artwork.
Or you could take a leisurely stroll through the wondrous gardens of the Chateau de Chantilly. With extensive and exquisite grounds, a stunning castle, and a restaurant in the kitchens that serves local cuisine the old-fashioned way, Chateau de Chantilly has entertainment that could last all day.
Day 6. Chantilly
Make sure to visit Chantilly's twice-weekly opan-air market, which is excellent for picking up picnic supplies and food. With such lush surroundings, a picnic overlooking a castle is almost a must.
If the days aren't quite right for a picnic, you could also visit local restaurants, many of which serve up local specialties with vintage atmospheres.
Day 7. Depart Chantilly
Grab one last photo of the stunning castles and grounds, pick up your souvenirs, drop off your car rental and bid farewell as you catch your flight home.
From $1907* per person
- *Vacation is round-trip from Newark NJ, per person, based on 2 travelers. Includes air, airport taxes, arrival transfer, hotels, tour, car rental and daily breakfast. Additional baggage charges may apply.
- Financing Available WAC. Ask Me For Details