Walking in California's Sierra Nevada
Walking in California’s Sierra Nevada
See some of California’s most famous natural wonders and stunning scenery on a 5-day round-trip small group hiking adventure which packs plenty of magical moments into a short space of time. Uncover the natural wonders of San Francisco, before you travel to Yosemite National Park to marvel at waterfalls and giant sequoias, spend the night at Lake Tahoe, and see both Echo Lakes. With easy to moderate walks, comfortable accommodation, and a knowledgeable leader, this hiking adventure is big on beauty.
- Lands End hike
- Mist trail to top of Vernal Falls hike
- Tuolumne Grove hike
- Pothole Dome hike
- Convict Lake Loop hike
- Mono Lake South Tufas hike
- Echo Lakes Trail hike
- See a different side of San Francisco on the Lands End Trail which offers views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Pacific Ocean and rocky California coast.
- Stroll through The Tunnel Tree, a giant sequoia in Yosemite National Park which is so large the trail had to be cut through the centre of it.
- See Vernal Fall on The Mist Trail, one of Yosemite’s signature hikes which has more spectacular views than you can point a camera at.
- Hike along the shores of Upper and Lower Echo Lakes which are the gateway to the spectacular Desolation Wilderness area.
- Breathe in the fresh scent of pine and aspen trees as you take in the views of Mount Morrison and Laurel Mountain on a scenic walk around Convict Lake.
Yosemite National Park
Mono Lake / Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe / San Francisco